If you count the Raspberry seeds there are five seeds in this muffin mix.
1 cup sorghum flour
1 1/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour (we use Bob’s Red Mill)
1/4 cup millet flour
1/4 cup tapioca flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
Optional: 2 Tablespoons- 4 Tablespoons sugar (evaporated cane juice)
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel (essence)
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 1/2 cups water (for a sweeter taste use apple juice)
1/4 cup ground flax seeds mixed into 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
2 Tablespoons sesame seeds
1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
1 banana, mashed (1/4 cup of apple sauce or light colored jam may be used)
2 Tablespoons sesame tahini
1/2 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh)
Preheat oven to 350oF.
Recipe makes 12-15 muffins. Prepare muffin tins by lightly greasing with oil or vegan butter or line with paper muffin cups.
1. In a large bowl mix together flours with baking soda.
2. In a small bowl mix together flax seeds in 1/2 cup water and let set for 15 minutes.
3. In another bowl mash the banana with the tahini. Add the sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and peel. Continue creaming the fat with the sugar. Add vinegar and mix.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
5. Pour in 1 cup water and beat the batter with a hand mixer or whisk.
6. Fold in raspberries.
7. Let set for 20 minutes.
8. Boil remaining half a cup of water and add it to the batter at this time. Fold gently until thoroughly mixed.
9. Spoon about 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin cup.
10. Bake for 25-30 minutes until muffins are firm and golden brown.
11. Remove from oven. Let cool.
12. Remove the muffins from the tin, place in a basket and serve with your favorite spreads.