Eat more greens! Steamed greens are so easy and so good for you. They are delicious topped with a vegan parmesan made with walnuts and nutritional yeast.
1 head of kale, about 8-10 leaves or other leafy green, like collards, spinach or chard
1/4 cup walnuts
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1) Prepare a pot of water with steamer basket. Place on high heat.
2) Wash the greens. Tear the leaves from the stems. Save the stems for juicing or soup.
3) Coarse chop the leaves into 2-3 inch wide pieces.
4) When water comes to a boil, add greens and cook for 5-10 minutes.
5) Chop walnuts fine on a cutting board or in a food processor. Toss with nutritional yeast.
5) Remove greens from steamer when leaves are tender. Place in a bowl. Top with walnut/yeast mixture and mix well. Serve immediately.