Vichyssoise, the classic leek and potato soup, is perfect for summer. Traditionally it’s served chilled but serve it hot if you prefer.
6 slim French leeks or 3 large leeks
3 large organic potatoes
10 cups of vegetable stock
salt to taste (optional)
1. Wash and cube potatoes.
2. Wash leeks, split down the middle and rinse inside to remove any dirt. Chop into 1 inch pieces, using the entire leek.
3. Put vegetables and stock in large stockpot
4. Bring to boil, reduce heat and let simmer until everything is tender.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
6. Use a blender or food processor, pulse until all blended.
7. Serve cold with a dollop of unsweetened cashew cream and chopped chives.