This Cashew Cream can be used in place of dairy heavy cream for savory dishes and sauces.
2 cups raw cashews
water for soaking
4 cups water for blending
1. Rinse cashews.
2. Place in a large jar, cover with water, double the volume of the cashews, about 4 cups. Cover and let soak overnight.
3. Drain water, rinse cashews and put in blender. Pour 3 cups of water in the blender. For thicker cream use less water, for thinner use more. Blend until smooth.
4. Strain into a container through a fine mesh sieve.
5. If cream is for a sweet dish, add sweetener and vanilla.
5. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use. Lasts 3-4 days. Cashew cream may be frozen.