Molasses give these muffins their chocolate color and complex flavor.
2 cups Brown Rice Flour
1/3 cup Tapioca Flour
1/2 cup potato starch
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 large Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup Molasses
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 350oF. Recipe makes 12-15 muffins. Prepare muffin tins by lightly greasing with oil, shortening or vegan butter or line with paper muffin cups.
1. In a large bowl mix together rice flour, tapioca, potato starch, baking soda, cinnamon, flax seeds and walnuts.
2. Add in chopped dates, separating the sticky pieces as possible.
3. In a separate bowl mix together vinegar, molasses and water.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
5. Spoon about 1/2 cup of batter into each muffin cup.
6. Bake for 25 minutes until muffins are firm.
7. Remove from oven. Let cool. Remove the muffins from the tin, place in a basket and serve with your favorite spreads.