This is an amazing dish. It is not difficult to make and it doesn’t take a lot of time. I can’t believe how good it is. You can use this pumpkin seed “breading” with Tempeh, Portabella Mushrooms, Seitan, Gardein, Beyond Meat Chicken Strips or any veggie meat.
3/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
pinch of salt
1/3 cup unsweetened plant milk, we use soy milk
2 Tablespoons tahini
1 Tablespoon soy sauce, tamari, Coconut Aminos or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
15-16 ounces firm Tofu
1. Preheat oven to 400oF. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, grind the pumpkin seeds into a meal. (A spice grinder can be used as well, in small batches.). Add in the spices and pulse to incorporate. Pour into a shallow bowl.
3. In a small bowl beat the plant milk into the tahini, a few tablespoons at a time, with a fork until smooth. Beat in the soy sauce, tamari, Coconut Aminos or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos.
4. Wrap the tofu in a towel and gently press out the water. Slice the tofu into eight pieces.
5. Dip each slice of tofu in the tahini sauce and then in the pumpkin seed “breading.” Make sure each slice is well coated with the “breading”. Place on the parchment-lined sheet pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Serve immediately or refrigerate and reheat later.