We love Peanut Butter Cookies and these are our favorite. They are easy and fast to make. Eat the dough straight out of the jar or press them into cookies. There’s no guilt here, this recipe is made with real food, with no oil, refined sugar or salt.
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup pitted soft medjool dates (about 12)
1/2 cup peanut butter (salt-free, made with just peanuts)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a food processor, process the rolled oats into a coarse flour.
- Remove the pits from the dates. They should be soft and moist. If they are hard, you may need to soak them in water to soften them.
- Add the dates, peanut butter and vanilla to food processor. Pulse the ingredients together to mix the ingredients. Process until dough clumps together into a ball. If the dough doesn’t clump together, you should be able to press it together into a ball. Scoop dough into a jar.
- Cookie dough can be eaten as is, rolled or pressed into cookie shapes. Remaining dough may be refrigerated.
Option: Add sprinkles to the cookies! Roll dough into small balls. Pour a couple of tablespoons of unsweetened shredded coconut or cacao nibs in a dish and roll the balls in it to coat. If the “sprinkles don’t stick, dip each ball in a little water and then roll in the sprinkles.
YES! You can bake this Peanut Butter Cookie Dough (although we like this recipe better raw).
- Preheat oven to 350oF.
- Shape cookies and place on parchment-lined baking sheet. For an extra treat, press chocolate chips in the dough.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes. Keep an eye on them so they don’t burn!
- Remove from oven and cool.