Dark leafy greens – you can’t get enough of them. Dandelion greens are so delicious, how did they ever get demoted to weeds? I am glad they are making a comeback in this country as a delicious, nutritious food.
1lb Dandelion Greens
Water (to cover greens)
4 – 6 cloves Garlic Minced (more if you want to smell like you are afraid of Vampires)
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1. Wash the greens well.
2. Place greens in a large stock pot, cover with water, put on the stove, turn on the heat and bring to a boil. Boil about 10 minutes or until ribs are tender. Remove from heat.
3. Drain in a colander, rinse with cold water and set aside.
4. Place a large sauté pan on the stove and heat for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the olive oil until it starts to thin but doesn’t smoke (about 2 minutes).
6. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 4 minutes or until it begins to turn a light gold color but NOT BROWN.
7. Add the greens and raise the heat to medium high. Sauté for about 6 minutes or until heated through.