Just make this recipe. It is the creamiest, most delicious Ricotta you have ever tasted.
12 ounces raw organic almonds
2 Tablespoons Chickpea Miso (we use South River)
3/4 cups water
1. Put the almonds in a large jar and cover with about double the volume of water. Cover the jar and place in the refrigerator overnight, or at least eight hours.
2. Drain and rinse almonds and place them in a bowl.
3. Slip the the skins off the almonds. This may seem tedious and time-consuming. It is worth it. It doesn’t take that long. Do it with your family members or friends, or while listening to a podcast or watching television. Or meditate.
4. Put the skinned Almonds in a high-powered blender with 1/2 cup of water and process.
5. Add the remaining 1/4 cup of water and miso. Process until creamy.
6. Scoop out of blender and store in a wide-mouth jar or container.
Almond Ricotta will last about 4 days but it is so good, it will be gone before then.