Pancakes in the morning, pancakes in the evening, pancakes at suppertime! Start your day or end it with our REAL Vegan Blueberry Pancakes.
1 cup Brown Rice Flour (or Bob’s All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour)
1 cup Sorghum flour
4 tablespoons ground flax seeds (I buy them whole, grind them and keep them in a glass jar in the refrigerator)
2 tablespoons Ener-G Egg Replacer
1 tablespoon baking power
2 1/4 cups water
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons Agave or Maple Syrup
vegan butter or shortening for oiling the griddle
1 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 200oF.
1. Mix together flours and baking powder in a large bowl.
2. In a medium bowl beat together ground flax seeds with 1/2 cup water, add 1 1/4 cups water, vinegar and agave (or maple syrup) and mix well.
3. In a medium to large bowl using a hand mixer or whisk, beat the Ener-G Egg Replacer with 1/2 cup of water until foamy and forms light peaks.
6. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour and mix well. Add blueberries and stir. Fold in the Ener-G Egg Replacer mixture.
7. On a lightly greased hot griddle, pour about 1/3 cup batter and smooth into a circle about 4 wide. I use a small ladle and use the back side to gently smooth the batter into the size I like.
8. After a minute or 2 small bubbles will appear and the edges and top surface will start to dry. Flip and cook for another minute.
9. Repeat until all the batter is used. Re-grease the pan with a very small amount of vegan butter before pouring the batter.
10. Keep pancakes in the oven on a baking sheet to keep warm until ready to serve.
Makes about a dozen.