REAL blueberry syrup – surprisingly made only with blueberries! Serve with any of our REAL pancake recipes.
1 package frozen blueberries
1. Place the frozen blueberries in a saucepan on medium low heat.
2. Cook for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, especially in the first few minutes to prevent the berries from sticking or burning before they’ve created enough juice to cook in.
3. Remove from heat.
4. Blend until smooth in a blender or using a hand blender in a tall container. The blueberries are hot – be careful not to splatter the hot juice when blender.
5. If you prefer a sweeter syrup, add maple syrup to taste.
6. Pour into a small pitcher to serve on pancakes.