Does calling black rice “forbidden” make you want to eat more of it? You should because it’s so good for you! Full of flavor and great nutrition, this dish combines brown, black and red rice varieties and is a tasty complement to our REAL Chickpea Stew.
1 cup short grain brown rice
1/2 cup black forbidden rice
1/2 cup red rice
1/4 cup dried apricots
1/4 cup raw almonds
4 cups water
– 1 teaspoon coriander
– 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
1. Cut apricot into small 1/4″ inch pieces
2. Coarse chop almonds into small pieces
3. In a saucepan mix together rices, apricots, almonds, spices and water.
4. Cook over medium high heat until liquid begins to boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for about 30 minutes, until rice is tender.
5. Fluff and stir ingredients together before serving.