For Thanksgiving morning breakfast or any chilly morning, we recommend these Pumpkin Spice Muffins. They are easy to make and get you into the spirit of pumpkin and spice and everything nice.
3 cups all purpose gluten-free flour (We use Bob’s Red Mill)
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 cups water
1/4 cup ground flax seeds mixed into 1/2 cup water
1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds) or any other nut or seed
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 Tablespoons Molasses
2 Tablespoons evaporated cane juice (sugar)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
Preheat oven to 350oF. Recipe makes about 15 muffins. Prepare muffin tins by lightly greasing with oil, vegetable shortening or vegan butter or line with paper muffin cups.
1. In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and spices.
2. In a small bowl mix together flax seeds in 1/2 cup water, add vinegar, pumpkin puree, molasses, sugar and pumpkin seeds.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well.
4. Pour in 1 cup water and blend followed by the remaining cup of water. Beat the batter by hand.
5. Spoon about 1/3 cup of batter into each muffin cup.
6. Bake for 30 minutes until muffins are golden brown.
7. Remove from oven. Let cool. Remove the muffins from the tin, place in a basket and serve with your favorite spreads.