What Vegans Eat – Day 215


Breakfast: Not being hungry in the morning I made a cup of Thyme Tea and had an Orange.
Lunch: Gary was invited to see the second to last performance of Mamma Mia! on Broadway. He went to the matinee and it was closing that evening. I worked at the computer and made myself an energizing smoothie to sip on while I worked. This one was made with about two packed cups of Kale, 6 Orange Juice Ice Cubes, a cup of Frozen Blueberries, 1 Tablespoon of Cocoa Powder, 1 Tablespoon of Peanut Butter and a cup of water. It made two big cups. Gary had made toast in the morning that I wasn’t hungry for. I had the remaining slice with some tahini.
Daily Green Juice: Kale, Celery, Carrots, Ginger
Dinner: I met Gary in Manhattan after the show. We had been holding on to a $100 gift card to Pure Food and Wine Restaurant for about 2 years. I had not been there in a long time. The first time I was there was when it first opened about 10 years ago. I was wanting to go earlier in the year and learned that the owner had disappeared and the employees were trying to get back pay owed to them. Then the owner returned, apologized and got the restaurant up and running again. I knew we’d better use that gift card soon. We walked from 44th Street to 17th Street and discovered the restaurant was closed for good. I was annoyed at myself for not checking ahead of time. I learned from doing a quick search that it had closed a month ago and there was actually a federal class action suit against the owner who had gone AWOL. My bad mood lasted about a minute. I thought of Beyond Sushi that was just 3 blocks away. We went there instead and had a beautiful meal.
Evening: Thanks to Gary’s friend Ted, we received free tickets to see a new production called Daddy Long Legs at the Davenport Theatre. We had plenty of time and walked about 30 blocks back to Times Square and went to Joe Allen’s for some draft Stella Artois.
Two person musicals are very difficult to do especially when the actors have to keep our interest for over two hours. During our walk to the subway we both commented on how we were not expecting to enjoy the show as much as we did. We took the E train back to Forest Hills and made it to our apartment just before the big storm.
A good day!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *