Classic Italian Marinara Sauce, made with organic tomatoes, so flavorful, no salt or sugar is necessary. Great for all recipes that call for tomato sauce, including REAL’s Baked Eggplant.
1 large onion
1 cup of red or white wine (or water)
2 cups water
3 garlic cloves
1 bunch parsley (about 1/2 cup chopped)
1 stalk rosemary, just leaves
4 cans (15 ounces) whole ORGANIC tomatoes, salt-free
2 cans (6 ounces) ORGANIC tomato paste
Pepper to taste (no salt is necessary)
1. Chop the onion, mince the garlic, parsley, rosemary.
2. Heat 1 cup of wine (or water) in a large sauce pan until it begins to simmer, add the onions, garlic, parsley, rosemary, and pepper.
3. Sauté until tender. The wine will be reduced by about 75%.
4. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste and 2 cups of water.
5. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat. Simmer with the lid on the pot for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
Served with Spaghetti and our vegan Meatballs!