1 cup millet
3 cups water
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup dried parsley
Optional: 2-4 Tablespoons of Soy sauce, tamari, coconut aminos or 1/4-3/4 teaspoons salt, to taste. We don’t use any.
1. Preheat oven to 350oF. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Rinse millet in a sieve and drain well.
3. Optional – toast the millet. In a deep fry pan or large sauce pan, toast the millet over medium heat, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
4. Add water to the millet and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, about 25 minutes. Remove from heat and place in a large bowl.
5. Finely grate the carrot and dice the onion and add to the millet.
6. In a coffee grinder or food processor, grind the dried parsley and sunflower seeds. Add to millet.
7. Mix ingredients together with hands to make a sticky dough. Season to taste with your choice of salt, soy sauce, tamari or coconut aminos.
8. Shape into croquettes and place on baking sheet.
9. Bake for 15 minutes and remove from oven. Turn each croquette over and bake for another 15 minutes.
10. Serve immediately with Tahini Dressing.