This is our best pancake recipe. You can use any gluten-free flour mix. Sometimes we make our own using a combination of flours that we grind in a Vitamix: Oats (1 cup), Millet (3/4 cups) and Garbanzo Bean (1/4 cup). Sorghum flour is our favorite for this recipe.
2 cups sorghum flour
1 tablespoon baking power
4 tablespoons ground flax seeds (Buy them whole, grind them and keep them in a glass jar in the freezer or refrigerator)
1 1/2 cups water
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons date paste, agave, maple syrup or other sweetener
1/2 cup Aquafaba (garbanzo bean water)
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
organic canola oil for oiling the griddle
REAL blueberry syrup
1. Mix together flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
2. In a medium bowl add the vinegar, flax seeds and maple syrup/agave to the water.
4. In a stand mixer, whip the aquafaba and cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. (We freeze our aquafaba in cubes so when we need it and defrost it, it is icy cold. It whips a lot faster when very cold.)
6. Pour the liquid mixture into the flour and mix well. Gently fold in the whipped aquafaba.
7. On a lightly greased, hot griddle, pour about 1/3 cup batter. After a minute or 2 small bubbles will appear and the edges and top surface will start to dry. Flip and cook for another minute. Repeat until all the batter is used. Re-grease the pan with a very small amount of oil if necessary before pouring the batter.
Serve immediately with REAL blueberry syrup or Date Paste and Bananas. Makes 8-10 pancakes.